Saturday, February 20, 2021

Fur and Brimstone - Concept Art

It's been a while, and I really haven't done much with the FnB concept due to RL issues that come up back in October and have been a constant distraction since, but this project is still on my mind.

I figured I'd make a couple posts this weekend that help give an idea of what's been going on.  Early on I felt that it would be really helpful if I had something visual to keep me focused on the project.  I follow a number of awesome artists online, and every once in a while I'll see them post that they are accepting commission work.

So I set out looking to see if I could (One) find any artwork that felt like it was related, and (Two) come up with an idea of what I would like to have commissioned.

Here is one of the few pieces I found that clicked with me:

I also tracked down some pose refence sheets and some backgrounds to build a sketch of what I wanted to eventually submit for for a commission work:


Imagine one figure being a winged demon and the other a mutant animal warrior, and the background a darker cityscape.

So that's something I'm hoping to get done sometime this coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment