Sunday, September 27, 2020

Fur and Brimstone

So, one of the things I've been working on - as time and inspiration permit - has been "Savaging" Palladium's TMNTaOS/AtB, or at least creating something that was a respectful tip of the hat to Erick Wujcik and Kevis Siembieda's games.  The main difficulty has been paying homage to the BIO-E system of building/customizing your "Mutant Animal", arguably the heart of the game.  I'm currently on version two of the system, which looks promising.

The second was building it around a Plot Point setting instead of having it be a sandbox for playing mutant animals.  I also wanted to keep it in modern times, as opposed to going straight to post-apocalyptic AtB.  Initially I figured on going with the escaped animals trope a-la "The Plague Dogs", or maybe working for a PMC (Private Military Contractor) tentatively titled, "Dogs of War".  Neither of these really worked for me.

That's where this articles title come in, "Fur and Brimstone".  A couple nights ago the image of a mutant alley cat fighting a winged demon popped into my head.  Then I remembered that animals are supposed to be sensitive to the paranormal, and I figured that I had a pretty good idea for a campaign: Supernatural beings are infiltrating the world, the human hunters have been nearly wiped out, and humanities last chance rests on a handful of Mutant Animal Demon Hunters. (or something like that)

I want the mutant animal creation system to be able to stand on its own so anyone can play what they want, but I also want there to be some sort of skeleton to support it like the TMNT comics supported the original TMNTaOS RPG.

Once I have more, I'll see about posting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment